Spreadsheets are convenient for a lot of things—but let's face it, they don't make everything easy. Some really basic calculations are, frankly, a pain in the neck. We bundled up some of our favorite in-house functions so you can download our time-saving, headache-relieving, Excel Add-in utilities and start getting your work done faster and more accurately today.
SmartModels™ Utilities offers seven primary features (click feature for video and further description):
- Interpolate - Ever get an incomplete bond or swap scale and have to write a bunch of interpolation formulas to fill in your points? Never again with SmartModels™ Utilities.
- Structure Bonds - Need a quick and dirty debt service structure fast? You just found it. Put in par amount, dated/delivery, payment dates, and you're all set.
- Annualize - Take payments of any frequency and aggregate them into annual (or any period!) totals in a snap.
- Bootstrap (Par to Zeros/Forwards) - When you need zeros or forward rates but all you have is a par yield curve, this is your answer. This can be done with spreadsheet formulas, but what a hassle. Here's a simple interface to get it done fast and accurately.
- Notional Schedules - Converting bond amortizations to outstanding amounts for swap notionals is easy. It's a drag if you have cash flow dates that don't directly tie to the bond amortization dates. Problem solved with the Notionals feature.
- Unique Element List - If you've ever had to go through and grab the unique elements of a big list in Excel, you know this can be a major drag. No trouble at all with this Unique feature.
- Simulate Rates - Interest rate uncertainty is at peak levels. SmartModels™ Utilities give you a fast, powerful way to analyze interest rate variability with the Simulate Rates function.
SmartModels Utilities Licenses - Professional and Free Versions
|Application & Feature||Standard||Professional|
|Interpolation output points
|Annualize - Output frequency
|| Annual Only
|Bootstrap output rates
|Structure Bonds (term)
|| 10 years
|| 500 simulations
|| Pay per call1,2
|| 1Y Unlimited
Only$395, Limited Time!
Pay per call 1 - technical support by phone $125/case
Pay per call 2 - e-mail support available on business days with a 24hr. turnaround period $75/case
For detailed information on installation requirements, click here.