As cash flow consultants, we work with yield curves quite a bit—often incomplete ones. How do you generate a 30 year, annual scale starting from 5 to 8 points? Sure, you can build a bunch of interpolation formulas in Excel, but this is slow and error-prone.
Interpolate in SmartModels™ Utilities makes this a snap:
- Highlight your 2 column input range of dates and amounts.
- Select your output range.
- Select from 'Linear' or 'Cubic Spline' interpolation.
- Click the Interpolate button.
- Speed - in seconds you can interpolate data points only limited by the number of rows in Excel.
- Accuracy - no messy formulas required which are prone to error.
- Simple - clean user interface with flyover help for each input.
- Speed, again - Data persists in the interface until the user changes it, saving additional time when recalculating.