This Intuitive Analytics video describes the Notional function in SmartModels™ Utilities.
Dealing with swap cash flows is a more and more common activity for analysts dealing with complicated capital structures. Unfortunately, going from annual bond amortizations to notional amounts on a cash flow periodic basis is a time-consuming hassle.
SmartModels™ Utilities Notional function sets you up in seconds:
- Go to SmartModels™ Utilities and select Notional from the dropdown.
- Enter an amortization schedule by highlighting a 2 column range of date and amounts.
- Select the output as either notional on or effective notional, time adjusted for inter-period amortization.
- Select the output dates.
- Click the Adjust button.
- Speed – Go from bond principal schedule at one frequency to swap cash flows in another with just a few clicks.
- Accuracy – Avoid lookup or other easy mistakes with this thoroughly tested algorithm.
- Speed, again - Input ranges are set and stored in the interface until the user changes it, saving additional time when data changes and recalculation is necessary.