Getting a quick tax-exempt debt structure in a spreadsheet is doable, although it’s slow and easy to make mistakes if you’re starting from scratch. With a simple three-column input range of maturity dates, par bond yields, and revenue, the SmartModels™ Utilities’ Structure Bonds function gets you to a basic bond structure in no time in $5,000 denominations.
Interpolate in SmartModels™ Utilities makes this a snap:
- Go to SmartModels™ Utilities and select Structure Bonds from the dropdown.
- Enter a par amount, dated/delivery dates, first interest and first and last principal dates.
- Select from one of the six Solution Types to create the desired amortization shape.
- Select the three-column input range of date, par bond yields, and revenue.
- Click the Size button.
Output is a three column range of date, principal amount, and interest.
- Speed – In seconds, get a clean bond solution without messing around with any spreadsheet formulas. Enter and highlight the inputs, and you’re done.
- Accuracy – Avoid simple but ubiquitous spreadsheet mistakes by using tested Intuitive Analytics algorithms.
- Speed, again - Input ranges are set and stored in the interface until the user changes it, saving additional time when data changes and recalculation is necessary.